Step-by-Step Guide to Perfectly Tanned Hands and Feet: Say Goodbye to Streaks and Orange Palms!
Do you find yourself avoiding self-tanning your hands and feet, for fear of ending up with orange, streaky digits? You're not alone. Self-tanning your hands and feet can be tricky, but with the right technique and products, you can achieve a natural-looking, flawless tan all over. Here's how:
- Prep your hands and feet: Before applying any self-tanning product, exfoliate your skin and moisturise dry areas. This is especially important for your hands and feet, which are drier than other body parts. Pay special attention to your nails, cuticles, and any dry patches of skin. Use a scrub or exfoliating mitt to gently remove dead skin cells and moisturise with a lightweight lotion to create a smooth, hydrated surface for your self-tanner.
- Apply a small amount of product: Less is more when self-tanning your hands and feet. Use a small amount of self-tanner and apply it with a light touch. Use a tanning mitt or gloves to blend the product evenly and spread it over the backs of your hands and the tops of your feet.
- Blend, blend, blend: Thoroughly blending the product is the key to achieving a natural-looking tan on your hands and feet. Pay attention to the areas between your fingers and toes, and blend the product evenly into your wrists and ankles. Avoid applying too much product to your knuckles and joints, as they tend to absorb more self-tanner and can end up looking too dark.
- Use a gradual tanner for maintenance: To maintain your tan on your hands and feet, consider using a gradual self-tanner. These products are designed for daily use and can help you build a natural-looking tan. Apply the product lightly and blend it well into your skin.
- Be patient: Remember, self-tanning is a process; getting the perfect tan on your hands and feet may take a few applications. Don't be discouraged if you don't get it right first, and practice good exfoliation and moisturising habits to keep your skin healthy and smooth.
With these tips and a little practice, you can achieve a natural-looking, flawless tan on your hands and feet. And for an even easier application, try Pink Sands Universal Self-Tanning Mousse with a tropical fragrance, fermented kiwi, and wild berry complex.
Say goodbye to shade anxiety and hello to a beautiful, sun-kissed glow all over!